Current Server Time: 04:46 (Central Europe)

#apertus IRC Channel Logs

2019/07/29

Timezone: UTC


01:01
apurvanandan[m]
Hi Bertl, are you available?
01:09
Bertl_oO
yup
01:14
apurvanandan[m]
Please check your pm
01:14
Bertl_oO
pm as in?
01:15
apurvanandan[m]
I have sent you private message on IRC
01:16
intrac
left the channel
01:16
intrac
joined the channel
02:55
Bertl_oO
off to bed now ... have a good one everyone!
02:55
Bertl_oO
changed nick to: Bertl_zZ
06:34
Y_G_
joined the channel
06:34
Y_G
joined the channel
06:47
Y_G_
left the channel
06:55
BAndiT1983|away
changed nick to: BAndiT1983
06:56
BAndiT1983
changed nick to: BAndiT1983|away
07:12
se6astian|away
changed nick to: sebastian
07:12
sebastian
changed nick to: Guest8071
07:27
Guest8071
changed nick to: se6astian|away
07:52
illwieckz
left the channel
08:39
Nira|away
changed nick to: Nira
08:56
se6astian|away
changed nick to: sebastian
08:57
sebastian
changed nick to: Guest70623
09:38
Nira
changed nick to: Nira|away
10:04
Guest70623
changed nick to: se6astian|away
10:12
Nira|away
changed nick to: Nira
10:22
UT99[m]
left the channel
10:22
mrohit[m]
left the channel
10:22
abeljj[m]
left the channel
10:22
a13b
left the channel
10:22
blakec[m]
left the channel
10:22
elkos
left the channel
10:22
apurvanandan[m]
left the channel
10:22
WalterZimmermann
left the channel
10:22
RexOrMatrix[m]
left the channel
10:29
WalterZimmermann
joined the channel
10:33
abeljj[m]
joined the channel
10:36
elkos
joined the channel
10:36
a13b
joined the channel
10:36
mrohit[m]
joined the channel
10:36
blakec[m]
joined the channel
10:36
UT99[m]
joined the channel
11:09
apurvanandan[m]
joined the channel
11:09
RexOrMatrix[m]
joined the channel
11:21
se6astian|away
changed nick to: sebastian
11:21
sebastian
changed nick to: Guest69956
11:37
Nira
changed nick to: Nira|away
11:47
Nira|away
changed nick to: Nira
12:26
Guest69956
anyone sing the remote beta right now?
12:26
Guest69956
need to take it out of the darkbox to shoot some team talk inserts
13:02
Bertl_zZ
changed nick to: Bertl
13:02
Bertl
morning folks!
13:02
apurvanandan[m]
Good morning
13:18
Nira
changed nick to: Nira|away
14:43
BAndiT1983|away
changed nick to: BAndiT1983
15:08
illwieckz
joined the channel
15:56
Nira|away
changed nick to: Nira
16:33
Guest69956
good day
16:34
Guest69956
meeting in 27 minutes
16:37
Y_G
left the channel
16:42
Y_|G
joined the channel
16:49
BAndiT1983
changed nick to: BAndiT1983|away
16:57
Guest69956
remote beta has been reinstalled
16:58
Fares
joined the channel
17:02
Guest69956
meeting time
17:02
Guest69956
welcome everyone
17:03
Bertl
who are you Guest69956?
17:04
BAndiT1983|away
changed nick to: BAndiT1983
17:04
Guest69956
oha, it is me: https://giphy.com/gifs/scared-the-it-crowd-noel-fielding-120TD5ZH8sFTyM/fullscreen
17:04
Guest69956
changed nick to: se6astian
17:04
se6astian
welcome to the last part of gsoc, the final coding month
17:05
se6astian
congrats to everyone who passed the 2nd evaluation period last week
17:05
se6astian
I hope the feedback was valuable as well
17:05
se6astian
like always please pm me now if you want to report
17:07
se6astian
fares you are first, please go ahead
17:07
Fares
Hi everyone
17:08
Fares
Last week I was suppose to work on LJ92 decoder code in liblj92 that is used in magic lantern code, but I found that it is already implement decoder that can decode the core configuration, so I tested it with several files generated from the core and it worked correctly
17:10
Fares
After that I spend sometime working on a testing setup that will continuously randomize part of RAW12 image and test the core against a software file
17:11
Fares
And I complete fine portion of the report which can also be used as documentation to the project
17:11
Fares
That was all last week
17:11
Bertl
links?
17:12
Fares
First two parts in GitHub, i extended the challenge code to add more tools, and in the core repo I added the software abd library,
17:12
Fares
I did not uploaded the report yet
17:13
Fares
In the following weeks I will be present here more often
17:13
se6astian
you remind me a of an important point
17:14
se6astian
it would be great if all projects had a wiki page with collected pointers to sources, documentation, overview, etc.
17:14
se6astian
https://wiki.apertus.org/index.php/GSoC_Projects#Accepted_Projects
17:14
se6astian
please add an entry and fill that page
17:15
Fares
And I would love from anyone to test the core and/or have any idea to how to improve the core or any feedback that I can utilize the last two weeks in
17:15
Fares
Great I will do se6astian
17:16
se6astian
thanks
17:16
Fares
That would be all, thank you
17:16
se6astian
thanks, Nira your turn
17:16
Nira
hello everyone
17:18
Nira
this week I have been learning about how to program a transmission on PIC16, I have written a code to transmit data from the PIC16 to the PIC32 via UART, so this way we can send back the data after the debouncing test
17:18
Nira
I am currenly testing the code with help of Bertl's code, so I have also been understanding what this code does and how to make it work the way we want to
17:19
Nira
so finally, this code would send to the PIC16 some 'pulses' (so the fake bouncing I told last week) via SPI to test if the debouncing test is working as expected, and then, with the new code, the PIC16 would send the 'answer' via UART
17:20
Nira
that would be all
17:21
Bertl
thanks!
17:24
aSobhy
Should I start ?
17:24
se6astian
yes please
17:24
se6astian
thanks nira
17:24
aSobhy
Hello everyone
17:24
aSobhy
The past week I was working on generating the bitstream files to run on the beta. Facing errors from Lattice and solving them.
17:24
aSobhy
The last two days was recharging the energy :)
17:24
aSobhy
My next step is to finalize the link training and step to the packet protocol ASAP :)
17:26
aSobhy
Thats all
17:27
Bertl
appreciated!
17:27
se6astian
thanks!
17:27
se6astian
speedy reporting this time, I like it :)
17:27
se6astian
Y_|G: your turn
17:29
Y_|G
Hi all,
17:29
Y_|G
This week I spent some time fixing some bugs from last week for DaemonCLI. It is working properly as of now .
17:29
Y_|G
So we can use CLI for setting and getting i2c registers. 'byte' and 'word' operations are allowed as of now.
17:30
Y_|G
I worked on setting up dummy WebUI for testing the new packet structure. Work is still in progress for that part. Took more time as I had to go through some JS basics.
17:30
Y_|G
In the upcoming week I would start with unit tests . Also will work on the documentation for the work done in the second phase.
17:31
Y_|G
That's all from my side.
17:32
se6astian
thanks
17:32
se6astian
apurvanandan[m]: go ahead
17:33
apurvanandan[m]
Hi everybody
17:34
apurvanandan[m]
The last week was spent on hardware testing on BER testing code that I wrote.
17:35
apurvanandan[m]
It was more of debugging and optimisation of the code so as to remove corruption of data due to delay
17:37
apurvanandan[m]
I succeeded a little and was able to receive encoded data correctly
17:38
apurvanandan[m]
But there were some clocking issue that will be resolved in first half of this week
17:39
apurvanandan[m]
That was all from my side in previous week
17:39
se6astian
thanks
17:39
se6astian
quick update from me
17:40
se6astian
we successfully shot Team Talk season 15 last week
17:40
se6astian
https://twitter.com/ApertusOSCinema/status/1155080391260344320
17:40
se6astian
it took us longer than ever before
17:40
se6astian
so many things to show, explain
17:40
se6astian
7h of shooting in one day
17:40
se6astian
don't worry thats not 7h of footage to be released but still a lot
17:41
se6astian
now we are shooting inserts and additional material for the edit: https://t.me/apertus/1583
17:42
se6astian
thats basically it from me, some work on mechanical improvements to enclosure here and there in the works
17:42
se6astian
anyone else with an update? felix_ Bertl ?
17:43
se6astian
as just mentioned in the beginning but since it is meant for all gsoc students: please create an entry for your project in https://wiki.apertus.org/index.php/GSoC_Projects#Accepted_Projects
17:43
intrac
left the channel
17:43
Fares_
joined the channel
17:43
se6astian
and fill that new page with basic overview, links, references, etc. about your project
17:43
intrac
joined the channel
17:44
se6astian
and as we are approaching the final deadline focusing more on documentation and demonstration is always appreciated
17:45
se6astian
right then if there are no additional topics to cover we can conclude the meeting and you can chat about your projects with mentors, community, etc.
17:45
Bertl
sounds good to me
17:47
Fares
left the channel
17:48
Fares_
apurvanandan[m]: regarding BER, is there any solution to fix those error bits? Like ecc or something?
17:49
Y_|G
Hi BAndiT1983
17:50
BAndiT1983
hi Y_|G
17:50
Y_|G
Could we have discuss the overview for daemon now ?
17:51
Fares_
Since if you transfer raw image, few error bits is ok, but in LJ92 stream, single bit error can make decoding the frame impossible
17:51
BAndiT1983
yes, let's do a PM, so Bertl can continue here
17:51
Y_|G
Sure
18:02
se6astian
changed nick to: se6astian|away
18:16
Fares_
left the channel
18:23
Fares
joined the channel
18:32
Nira
changed nick to: Nira|away
18:44
Fares
left the channel
18:58
Y_|G
left the channel
19:22
Bertl
off for now ... bbl
19:22
Bertl
changed nick to: Bertl_oO
19:38
BAndiT1983
changed nick to: BAndiT1983|away
19:40
BAndiT1983|away
changed nick to: BAndiT1983
20:03
se6astian|away
changed nick to: sebastian
20:04
sebastian
changed nick to: Guest35131
20:28
Guest35131
left the channel
21:50
BAndiT1983
changed nick to: BAndiT1983|away
22:05
Nira|away
changed nick to: Nira
22:06
illwieckz_
joined the channel
22:07
BAndiT1983|away
changed nick to: BAndiT1983
22:07
BAndiT1983
changed nick to: BAndiT1983|away
22:09
illwieckz
left the channel
00:18
intrac
left the channel
00:19
intrac
joined the channel