Current Server Time: 05:44 (Central Europe)

#apertus IRC Channel Logs

2021/03/15

Timezone: UTC


03:00
vinayak
joined the channel
03:16
BAndiT1983
changed nick to: BAndiT1983|away
05:07
Bertl
off to bed now ... have a good one everyone!
05:07
Bertl
changed nick to: Bertl_zZ
05:30
mumptai
joined the channel
05:50
BAndiT1983|away
changed nick to: BAndiT1983
07:41
se6ast1an
good day
08:15
vinayak
left the channel
08:16
vinayak
joined the channel
08:31
illwieckz
left the channel
08:44
illwieckz
joined the channel
08:51
vinayak
left the channel
08:52
dcz_
joined the channel
09:17
DevendraKharolia
< https://matrix.org/_matrix/media/r0/download/matrix.org/uLRqhoLEaWSmZeeNzvmrBoMA/message.txt >
09:18
vinayak
joined the channel
09:19
DevendraKharolia
< https://matrix.org/_matrix/media/r0/download/matrix.org/ZbZfticyWhYGvUOLCzTKEmuB/message.txt >
09:25
BAndiT1983
Hi DevendraKharolia, please try to post shorter messages, otherwise IRC does not show them, but this instead: http://irc.apertus.org/index.php?day=15&month=03&year=2021
09:25
BAndiT1983
DevendraKharolia: where can we find the challenge code of your solution?
10:14
DevendraKharolia
Here is my forked repository with all the code changes and addition : https://github.com/Ddevendra/AXIOM-Remote/tree/2bitIconChallenge%40Devendra
10:16
yash412
joined the channel
10:16
yash412
left the channel
10:18
se6ast1an
DevendraKharolia: cool, thanks!
10:19
se6ast1an
do you have a screenshot for us of your football?
10:19
se6ast1an
in the visualizer
10:19
se6ast1an
I see you even implemented opacity as parameter as bonus, nice!
10:20
DevendraKharolia
i have screenshot of the other image (navigation icon) , football's image is little bit messed up
10:20
se6ast1an
sure, other image screenshot would also be nice
10:21
BAndiT1983
how was the conversion done?
10:24
BAndiT1983
could you also add a description of used drawing algorithm, please. am seeing 3 loops and am wondering why the third one is required
10:26
BAndiT1983
what could also improve the readability is the use of a formatter, we already have clang-format settings included in our repo
10:27
DevendraKharolia
uploaded an image: (883KiB) < https://matrix.org/_matrix/media/r0/download/matrix.org/IoItpxgKZtZqJeuXvRgmCPpR/01.png >
10:27
DevendraKharolia
uploaded an image: (877KiB) < https://matrix.org/_matrix/media/r0/download/matrix.org/bBalnUAFBnqVrkqyArVcmhgL/02.png >
10:27
DevendraKharolia
uploaded an image: (858KiB) < https://matrix.org/_matrix/media/r0/download/matrix.org/LvWoTYpiDFcOHpIKQgYgUkHX/03.png >
10:30
BAndiT1983
is the black border in the image? or do you draw it additionally? as for icons we want to be able to have them without background
10:30
vinayak
left the channel
10:31
DevendraKharolia
<BAndiT1983 "could you also add a description"> It's similar to DrawIcon function
10:31
BAndiT1983
maybe, but what is the prupose of the third loop
10:33
DevendraKharolia
<BAndiT1983 "is the black border in the image"> I draw it to see the icon clearly, border can be removed
10:35
BAndiT1983
ok, sounds plausible, but it would be also interesting to see it against other backgrounds, like menu gray or white
10:37
DevendraKharolia
<BAndiT1983 "ok, sounds plausible, but it wou"> sure, I will add the screenshot for that too
10:38
BAndiT1983
thank you
10:39
se6ast1an
very nice DevendraKharolia!
11:00
DevendraKharolia
uploaded an image: (252KiB) < https://matrix.org/_matrix/media/r0/download/matrix.org/kpmLHpTxVoFMAXGkYCFNZeHL/04.png >
11:00
DevendraKharolia
uploaded an image: (305KiB) < https://matrix.org/_matrix/media/r0/download/matrix.org/VZxokitwVrgAOPEXLImxLJsn/05.png >
11:00
DevendraKharolia
uploaded an image: (253KiB) < https://matrix.org/_matrix/media/r0/download/matrix.org/rmmZdJBMPlIWjoNQgVLTiETO/06.png >
11:00
DevendraKharolia
uploaded an image: (284KiB) < https://matrix.org/_matrix/media/r0/download/matrix.org/YDaZbDmqlYrpBpQutvYXeaaC/07.png >
11:02
BAndiT1983
great! loooks good!
11:03
BAndiT1983
now we need some description regarding conversion and drawing, to be able to follow the ideas
11:04
DevendraKharolia
<BAndiT1983 "now we need some description reg"> Ok I will do the documentation and let you know once itâs done
11:04
BAndiT1983
thank you
11:10
eppisai
joined the channel
11:21
eppisai
left the channel
12:04
eppisai
joined the channel
12:53
Bertl_zZ
changed nick to: Bertl
12:54
Bertl
morning folks!
13:49
vinayak
joined the channel
13:54
se6ast1an
good day
13:56
shivang
joined the channel
14:06
deepak55
joined the channel
14:08
shivang
left the channel
14:11
vinayak
left the channel
14:27
deepak55
left the channel
14:43
vinayak
joined the channel
15:11
deepak68
joined the channel
15:12
deepak55
joined the channel
15:14
vinayak
left the channel
15:14
deepak55
left the channel
15:14
deepak55
joined the channel
15:15
deepak55
left the channel
15:28
deepak68
left the channel
15:56
pvcodes
joined the channel
15:56
pvcodes
hi
15:56
Shohei
joined the channel
15:57
BAndiT1983
hi pvcodes
15:58
se6ast1an
Meeting in 2 minutes
16:00
se6ast1an
MEETING TIME
16:00
se6ast1an
who is here?
16:00
eppisai
is here!
16:00
Bertl
is here ...
16:00
BAndiT1983
is here
16:00
pvcodes
where is the meeting
16:01
se6ast1an
the meeting is here
16:01
BAndiT1983
you're in the middle of it actually
16:01
Shohei
is here
16:02
se6ast1an
eppisai: do you want to start?
16:02
eppisai
ohk!
16:02
eppisai
As, I had mentioned last week, 2 bit image drawing was working properly when we converted the svg to xbm( it is worked fine for images that i was converting to 4 indexed c array using online tools provided in task description)
16:02
eppisai
so sebastian had suggested, we need to optimize the conversion process, So i read about what could be wrong, tried other ways, but had no luck..
16:03
eppisai
So,at last i read and found that xbm is a monochrome ,black and white format hence can't be used in 2 bit image. I searched for the alternative to xbm, but alernatives i found weren't storing data in binary (but ascii).
16:04
eppisai
sebastian and BAndiT1983 come up with the approch on how to have conversion that involes extension of icon.h and another pytho script for templating, so i was just trying to write the script
16:04
pvcodes95
joined the channel
16:05
pvcodes95
changed nick to: Pranjal
16:05
eppisai
The resources BAndiT1983 had provided in doc file, were using matplotlib library of python..but
16:07
Cscar
joined the channel
16:07
Cscar
Hi
16:07
BAndiT1983
hi
16:07
eppisai
matplotlib can't be used for manipulation of vector graphics, so, using other tools to open svg,then using matplotlib,to convert the img to 2 bit c array (conversion process was there in resorces )
16:08
BAndiT1983
eppisai: i would suggest to check the methods again, as matplotlib is not required and there are better libs for it
16:08
BAndiT1983
have in fact written a small prototype, so you can align with me to get an idea how to approach that topic, we can do it after meeting here, so other also see it
16:08
eppisai
ohk! great! :)
16:09
eppisai
thanks BAndiT1983!
16:09
BAndiT1983
no problem
16:09
eppisai
so that it from my side :)
16:10
se6ast1an
thanks eppisai, discussion with BAndiT1983 afterwards sounds good
16:10
se6ast1an
Shohei: any news from your side?
16:11
Shohei
Thank you. Here are some small progress from my side.
16:11
Shohei
1.I'm translating the "Join the Team" page to Japanese with Rex:
16:11
Shohei
https://wiki.apertus.org/index.php/Join_the_Team
16:11
Bertl
eppisai: note that ImageMagick does a nice job converting svg to bitmaps
16:12
Shohei
Hopefully, I'm going to finish it these two weeks.
16:12
karl[m]3
joined the channel
16:12
Shohei
2. As the new tasks, I am grateful to Sebastian for adjusting where I could commit on the mails.
16:14
panintended
left the channel
16:14
karl[m]
left the channel
16:14
panintended
joined the channel
16:14
panintended
left the channel
16:14
panintended
joined the channel
16:15
Shohei
3. Also, I'm sharing this team and AXIOM Beta with some of my friends in Japan, who are a researcher on radiation or an engineer. I hope they join Japanese communtiy or here:)
16:15
Shohei
That's all from my side.
16:15
Shohei
Thank you.
16:16
eppisai
Bertl, I haven't tried to convert it with imagemagick, But i am very much familer with magick..so will explore! :)
16:16
se6ast1an
thanks Shohei!
16:16
BAndiT1983
imagemagick does not give the desired output, so we have opted for python, ass we need processing there
16:16
BAndiT1983
*as
16:16
supragya
left the channel
16:16
supragya
joined the channel
16:17
se6ast1an
BAndiT1983: but if the python ode can deal with pixel images (bitmaps) already vector graphics can be converted to pixels first (maybe dowscaled first for increased sharpness)
16:18
se6ast1an
BAndiT1983: do you also want to share news?
16:18
BAndiT1983
my code is converting from SVG to image already, so it's very well possibler
16:18
BAndiT1983
yep, can do
16:18
BAndiT1983
was mostly fiddling around with the SAME70 MCU and am getting quite nice results there, am planning to port the remote firmware to it
16:19
BAndiT1983
trying to understand it's registers for USB, but already getting right logs regarding the SETUP packet
16:19
BAndiT1983
additionally we, me and se6ast1an, were fixing some small mistakes in the BOM and adjusting the script for cross-checks and verification
16:19
BAndiT1983
that would be it
16:20
se6ast1an
many thanks!
16:20
pvcodes
left the channel
16:20
se6ast1an
quick updates from me:
16:20
Pranjal
left the channel
16:20
se6ast1an
we started some gsoc promotion recently with a german/english text to send to universities and user groups
16:21
se6ast1an
today me and metal_dent[m] participated in a live stream event called spring of code and did a project presentation there and answered questions regarding GSoC and contributing : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHhdlwS6fUc
16:22
se6ast1an
regarding hardware production the last remaining parts that tele ordered should have arrived today or tomorrow at the latest, so prodcution start should really be very soon eventually now
16:22
se6ast1an
there are some efforts to build an open hardware stereo3d rig (fabian puttinger emailed us some time ago)
16:23
se6ast1an
as efforts to get a real stereo 3d mirror rig are still hampered by covid I now started to do research online and hope for more people to join in
16:23
se6ast1an
message me if this is interesting for you
16:24
se6ast1an
I think thats it from my side
16:24
se6ast1an
Bertl ?
16:24
Bertl
well, I spent my time on reworking Beta hardware
16:25
Bertl
mostly cleaning and testing the boards we got from Felix as well as what we have in the 'original' remote Beta
16:26
Bertl
the planned ZIF SFE didn't work out so far, there are some unknown issues, but I'm confident that we can figure this out
16:26
Bertl
other than that, not much which was done this week
16:27
Bertl
that's it from my side
16:27
se6ast1an
thanks!
16:27
se6ast1an
anyone else with topics/reports?
16:27
se6ast1an
Cscar: any news?
16:29
Cscar
No, I'll call the bookkeeper tomorrow to see how things are for taxes
16:30
Cscar
(as our tax year ends on the end of this month in stead of December)
16:30
se6ast1an
OK
16:30
Cscar
I'll report back when I know more ;)
16:31
se6ast1an
many thanks everyone who participated, MEETING CONCLUDED
16:31
Bertl
thanks for the moderation!
16:31
eppisai
Thanks!
16:31
Shohei
Thanks a lot!
16:31
Cscar
One last thing: RS order was successfully cancelled.
16:32
Shohei
left the channel
16:33
se6ast1an
ah, great Cscar
16:33
se6ast1an
and the last order that arrived was forwarded?
16:34
eppisai
Hi,BAndiT1983 are you using Pillow module for python script? I was thinking of using it(PIL) or openCV but resorted with matplotlib..
16:34
Cscar
Not yet. Scheduled for tomorrow. Troubles with the pickup again.
16:35
BAndiT1983
eppisai: PIL is also used, but it depends what is required (have checked some ways in the prototype), for SVG there is e.g. cairosvg
16:38
eppisai
oh.. can you share your prototype, or the process on how you have done it? :)
16:39
BAndiT1983
prototype cannot be shared currently, as it's a challenge for the students to develop some conversion process and to describe how it improve our current one
16:40
BAndiT1983
but the process is simple, load SVG, convert bit depth to the required one and use a template file to output a .h file with image data and additional icon info
16:41
BAndiT1983
cairosvg already has svg2png(), so everything else shouldn't be a big problem
16:41
BAndiT1983
haven't finished the prototype yet, as it was just a quick shot
16:43
eppisai
:DThanks! was using svgutils now, but again will evaluate the approch to check if matplotlib is even needed or other modules that i can use to work directly with svg.. :)
16:44
BAndiT1983
matplotlib is used for different things, so not sure it is helpful at all
16:45
BAndiT1983
svgutils doesn't seem to convert from SVG to pixel array or similar, so it's probably also not suitable
16:47
Cscar
Have to go! 'See' you all!
16:47
se6ast1an
bye Cscar!
16:47
Cscar
left the channel
16:48
BAndiT1983
eppisai: pyvips is also a possible alternative, but haven't checked it out yet
16:53
eppisai
matplotlib had provided me with a 2d list of each pixel, and value of each pixel was between 0 and 1 , each color stream was also provied different list, so instead coverting it to 4 index colors, I was converting it to four shades, and any color platte could have been used to draw the image in remote, then was making a c array, and templating it to a .h file, in the process, their was rgb to grey conversion and other process etc.. and now as i am typing
16:53
eppisai
i have realized lot of functions and processes may not be neccsary, and I should devise proper way of doing after researching..
16:55
BAndiT1983
biggest advantage of python is the availability of modules which already cover a lot of things, like color conversion
16:55
Bertl
off for now ... bbl
16:55
Bertl
changed nick to: Bertl_oO
16:56
BAndiT1983
so you can check out which ones are suitable and require less effort
16:56
eppisai
: D yea.. Thenks! Will do proper research this time before jumping to code ! :D
16:57
se6ast1an
also note that there is no requirement to convert everything/anything possible to a 2 bit image
16:57
se6ast1an
the icons will be specially designed/prepared how we need them
16:57
se6ast1an
we will not want to convert photographs we captured for example...
16:57
BAndiT1983
yep, mostly black and white
17:02
eppisai
ohk.. I thought we would be converting icons only.. because anti aliasing looks good in GUI..
17:03
BAndiT1983
just tried with a color icon, works also fine, output size is selectable etc., so cairosvg together with PIL works rather fine, cannot warranty that we won'T discover quirks regarding colors etc., but form first tests very promising
17:03
BAndiT1983
do you mean the corners of the buttons, which are jaggy?
17:03
panintended
left the channel
17:03
pangelo[m]
left the channel
17:03
promach3
left the channel
17:05
panintended
joined the channel
17:05
promach3
joined the channel
17:05
pangelo[m]
joined the channel
17:05
promach3
left the channel
17:06
eppisai
Not just buttons any corner, for example checkbox icon
17:06
BAndiT1983
we can convert them also, but we can also improve button drawing by using 9-slicing -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9-slice_scaling
17:07
BAndiT1983
at the moment the round corners are calculated, but we just need a couple of options in the firmware and could prepare some data for that, this would avoid calculations and jagged edges, also with anti-aliased images it would look nicer
17:08
DevendraKharolia
left the channel
17:08
NikhilBarik[m]
left the channel
17:08
elkos
left the channel
17:08
metal_dent[m]
left the channel
17:08
se6ast1an
not sure if the challenge should be expanded before its solved though :)
17:08
panintended
left the channel
17:08
karl[m]3
left the channel
17:08
BAndiT1983
no, it's just an idea for the future, not for the challenge
17:09
BAndiT1983
the challenge is still about clean coding, following guidelines and nice documentation
17:09
aleb
left the channel
17:09
BAndiT1983
just reminding students: we can read a lot about your personality from the code, so be aware of it and try to impress us ;)
17:12
eppisai
will keep this in mind! :)
17:12
pangelo[m]
left the channel
17:32
karl[m]
joined the channel
17:37
DevendraKharolia
joined the channel
17:39
aleb
joined the channel
17:39
pangelo[m]
joined the channel
17:39
metal_dent[m]
joined the channel
17:39
elkos
joined the channel
17:39
WalterZimmermann
joined the channel
17:39
panintended
joined the channel
17:39
NikhilBarik[m]
joined the channel
18:05
promach3
joined the channel
18:11
mumptai_
joined the channel
18:11
madonius
left the channel
18:11
mumptai
left the channel
18:12
Zain-Muiz
joined the channel
18:12
madonius
joined the channel
18:22
Zain-Muiz
left the channel
18:23
Zain-Muiz
joined the channel
18:25
kanisshka
joined the channel
18:26
kanisshka
left the channel
18:45
Zain-Muiz
left the channel
19:27
Hanupratap
joined the channel
19:42
dcz_
left the channel
20:02
Hanupratap
left the channel
20:11
Rizwan
joined the channel
20:12
Rizwan
left the channel
20:15
se6ast1an
off to bed
20:15
se6ast1an
god night
20:15
se6ast1an
*good
20:23
Bertl_oO
nn
21:06
eppisai
left the channel
22:06
mumptai_
left the channel
22:22
BAndiT1983
changed nick to: BAndiT1983|away
22:55
Spirit532
left the channel
22:55
Spirit532
joined the channel