Current Server Time: 21:01 (Central Europe)

#apertus IRC Channel Logs

2017/05/08

Timezone: UTC


01:42
dimaursu16
left the channel
03:05
Spirit532_
changed nick to: Spirit532
04:43
aombk2
left the channel
05:54
Bertl_zZ
changed nick to: Bertl
05:54
Bertl
morning folks!
06:38
dimaursu16
joined the channel
06:46
se6astian|away
changed nick to: se6astian
07:00
BAndiT1983|away
changed nick to: BAndiT1983
07:40
se6astian
changed nick to: se6astian|away
07:49
se6astian|away
changed nick to: se6astian
07:52
se6astian
changed nick to: se6astian|away
07:56
BAndiT1983
changed nick to: BAndiT1983|away
08:02
sebix
joined the channel
08:02
sebix
left the channel
08:02
sebix
joined the channel
08:52
dh__
left the channel
08:59
Bertl
off for now ... bbl
08:59
Bertl
changed nick to: Bertl_oO
09:10
intracube_afk
changed nick to: intracube
09:11
d0
joined the channel
09:40
se6astian|away
changed nick to: se6astian
09:48
mithro
left the channel
09:49
mithro
joined the channel
11:41
axiomhq
joined the channel
13:14
jucar
joined the channel
13:36
skinkie_
changed nick to: skinkie
13:55
jucar
left the channel
14:53
BAndiT1983|away
changed nick to: BAndiT1983
15:14
se6astian[m]
left the channel
15:19
se6astian[m]
joined the channel
15:43
derWalter
left the channel
15:43
se6astian[m]
left the channel
15:43
MatrixTraveler[m
left the channel
15:43
RexOrCine[m]
left the channel
15:43
dasChristoph[m]
left the channel
15:45
derWalter
joined the channel
15:48
RexOrCine[m]
joined the channel
15:49
se6astian[m]
joined the channel
15:49
dasChristoph[m]
joined the channel
15:56
anuditverma
joined the channel
16:01
Champika_oO
joined the channel
16:01
Champika_oO
left the channel
16:01
Champika_oO
joined the channel
16:02
Champika_oO
left the channel
16:02
MatrixTraveler[m
joined the channel
16:02
Champika
joined the channel
16:17
se6astian
meeting in 43 minutes
16:18
anuditverma
cool, I am already here
16:19
comradekingu
Man, just when im around to catch it, there is another meeting
16:40
niculescu_vlad
joined the channel
16:45
davidak
joined the channel
16:48
maltefiala
joined the channel
16:50
Champika
The meeting didn't start yet, right?
16:50
maltefiala
right
16:50
anuditverma
Right
16:51
maltefiala
1700 utc
16:51
sebix
left the channel
16:51
Champika
Cool! no left, I'm at time then :)
16:52
anuditverma
btw many congratulations to Niculescu and champika :)
16:53
Champika
Thank you very much for giving us this opportunity :)
16:54
anuditverma
well say thanks to Apertus then :D
16:54
niculescu_vlad
Thank you!
16:54
maltefiala
Thanks for applying :D
16:55
niculescu_vlad
I promise I'll do my best in developing this project
17:00
maltefiala
niculescu, anudit, champika, have you met each other before?
17:00
niculescu_vlad
left the channel
17:00
anuditverma
nope
17:01
se6astian
hello everyone
17:01
se6astian
team meeting time
17:01
davidak
hello!
17:01
Champika
hello,
17:01
anuditverma
Hi Sebastian
17:01
maltefiala
oi
17:02
Bertl_oO
changed nick to: Bertl
17:02
Bertl
evening folks!
17:02
se6astian
welcome Champika, anuditverma and niculescu_vlad (who just timed out)
17:02
se6astian
you three are the spearhead of gsoc here :)
17:03
se6astian
quick overview and introduction for everyone:
17:03
niculescu_vlad
joined the channel
17:03
se6astian
anuditverma will be mentored by maltefiala, BAndiT1983 and myself working on AXIOM Beta REST Interface https://lab.apertus.org/T723
17:03
RexOrCine
Present.
17:03
niculescu_vlad
Hi!
17:04
niculescu_vlad
Sorry, browser problem
17:04
niculescu_vlad
Now it's fine
17:04
Bertl
you might want to get a real IRC client soon
17:04
se6astian
Champika will be mentored by Bertl and work on Linux Kernel driver for Lattice MachXO2 programming/debugging https://lab.apertus.org/T730
17:04
Bertl
niculescu_vlad: (e.g. Pidgin, hexchat, irssi, ...)
17:04
niculescu_vlad
Yes I have one.
17:04
niculescu_vlad
mIrc
17:05
niculescu_vlad
but browser was faster to access
17:05
se6astian
and niculescu_vlad will also be mentored by Bertl and working on https://lab.apertus.org/T735 Smart switching regulator
17:05
anuditverma
Hello everyone, I am Anudit Verma, I am a final year computer science undergrad at USICT, New Delhi, India. This summer I will be working on AXIOM beta REST interface project.
17:06
anuditverma
Thanks Sebastian for the intro !
17:06
Bertl
yeah, maybe let each one introduce themselves
17:06
derWalter_
joined the channel
17:07
se6astian
good idea
17:07
se6astian
Champika: please introduce yourself (one sentence is fine)
17:07
Champika
Hi everyone, I am Amila Sampath (My nick name is Champika), I am a final year Electrical and Electronic Engineering student at University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
17:08
se6astian
thanks
17:08
Champika
You can see my blog at camplnx.blogspot.com
17:08
niculescu_vlad
Ok. That is right. My name is Niculescu Vlad and I am student at Politehnica Univ. of Bucharest - final year, in Romania (at the moment. From September I will study at ETH Zurich). I have worked as an embedded software engineer for two years and I will deal with the switching regulator this summer
17:08
Champika
And hope to work with you all, during this summer :)
17:08
maltefiala
https://camplnx.blogspot.co.at/
17:09
maltefiala
champika: your blog redirects to https://camplnx.blogspot.co.at/
17:09
niculescu_vlad
By the way, my first name is Vlad
17:09
RexOrCine
Sorry, the blog you were looking for does not exist. However, the name camplnx is available to register!
17:09
Champika
https://champlnx.blogspot.com/
17:09
se6astian
I would like to write an article in the coming weeks about GSoC and dedicate one brief paragraph to each of you 3 and what you will be working on during GSoC
17:10
se6astian
I will get in touch with you directly once I have a draft to review
17:10
Champika
Is it working now? (https://champlnx.blogspot.com/)
17:10
anuditverma
Great
17:10
Bertl
Champika: yep
17:10
se6astian
works
17:11
se6astian
great so in general you are welcome to idle/particiapte in this channel here
17:11
Bertl
you are at least encouraged to read up on the logs
17:11
se6astian
we can also set up BIP accounts for you that idle in the channel when you are not online
17:11
se6astian
when you reconnect you get the backlog of personal messages and what was said on the channel
17:11
Bertl
but hanging around here is very important because we all live in different timezones, so discussions might span larger intervals
17:12
se6astian
if you want a bip account let me or bertl know with a PM and we will set it up in the coming days
17:12
Bertl
and when you are gone when somebody replies, then you won't get the message
17:12
se6astian
but it requires a dedicated IRC client as herbert mentioned (hexchat, pidgin, etc.
17:13
anuditverma
got it
17:13
niculescu_vlad
me too
17:13
Champika
sure, I think it is better to have one
17:13
Champika
I'm using Hexchat
17:13
se6astian
perfect
17:14
se6astian
ok now to explain the general idea of the IRC meeting
17:14
se6astian
we schedule a team / community wide IRC meeting every 2-3 weeks
17:14
se6astian
mondays have tradition already by now
17:14
Bertl
we might increase the interval during the GSoC period
17:14
se6astian
and the time like today has also been quite established already now
17:14
se6astian
Bertl: we might increase the interval during the GSoC period <- would make sense, agreed
17:14
se6astian
at least keep the 2 week periods
17:15
Bertl
that doesn't mean that we won't chat a lot outside that meeting though :)
17:15
se6astian
every teammember/community member is now asked by me to send me a PM to report about progress or things he is working on
17:15
se6astian
I collect the members and then let one after the other do the report
17:15
se6astian
we try to keep it rather brief
17:15
OscaR___
joined the channel
17:15
Bertl
i.e. don't send the report, just tell se6astian that you like to speak up :)
17:16
se6astian
with further information in links or somewhere to read up
17:16
se6astian
So: Who wants to report about a topic?
17:16
OscaR___
hi all!
17:16
se6astian
hi OscaR___
17:16
Bertl
hey OscaR___! glad you could make it!
17:16
se6astian
btw note the public IRC logs are avaiable here: http://irc.apertus.org/
17:16
se6astian
sorted by date
17:16
OscaR___
Perfect
17:16
derWalter_
I want to report!
17:16
se6astian
latest month first
17:17
Bertl
derWalter_: PM to sebastian
17:17
derWalter_
Its about a monthly meeting in vienna
17:17
se6astian
after the reports are done we also reserve time for discussions
17:17
se6astian
as those sometimes take longer and sometimes do not lead to a real result we try to do them after the reports in the meeting
17:18
se6astian
on the wiki I post meeting minutes
17:18
se6astian
left yellow block at the bottom
17:18
se6astian
Team Meetings IRC Meeting Notes
17:18
RexOrCine
https://wiki.apertus.org/index.php/IRC_Meeting_Notes
17:18
se6astian
for each meeting we try to keep a brief summary of the discussed topics/decisions
17:19
se6astian
ok so far I received topics to report from Bertl and derwalter
17:19
se6astian
anybody else want to report anything pm me now
17:20
Bertl
(i.e. use /msg se6astian )
17:20
se6astian
or click on my name in most IRC clients
17:21
se6astian
quick update: the new flyers we had printed arrived, the bright design this time but unfortunately they were damaged during delivery (https://lab.apertus.org/M11)
17:21
se6astian
so I asked for a refund
17:21
RexOrCine
What thickness was the paper?
17:21
se6astian
300g/m²
17:22
se6astian
it feels much thinner than the older 350g/m² matte paper prints though
17:22
se6astian
as its a high gloss one this time
17:22
davidak
does the design look better printed?
17:22
se6astian
yes I think so
17:22
se6astian
but the paper isnt good
17:22
derWalter_
Why didnt you print them in the office? Matthias bought flyer print machines I thought?
17:22
kaiserlich
joined the channel
17:23
se6astian
we did risoprints during the EU project with the machines in the office
17:23
Bertl
se6astian: I think the paper is ok, it could be better though ...
17:23
se6astian
these are offset prints
17:23
se6astian
I will try another round after the refund was done
17:23
derWalter_
But digital ones I thought
17:23
se6astian
bright design but thicker paper
17:23
se6astian
matte maybe
17:23
Bertl
got some feedback that the background graphics is almost inivisible on the bright ones
17:23
Bertl
I also didn't see it at first glance
17:24
derWalter_
So you make one foil per side and then start the print process, more control, like the pick and place attempt?
17:24
Bertl
(so maybe that could be improved)
17:24
se6astian
next brief update: BAndiT1983, RexOrCine and me started working on the new website theme ( screendesigns: https://lab.apertus.org/M18) - wip website: http://apertus-d8-dev.w4f.eu/drupal8/
17:25
se6astian
Bertl: agreed the explosion drawing is barely visible/noticeable
17:26
derWalter_
Is it an option to print them in the office?
17:26
se6astian
I will check with Nils/matthias if there are any machines capable of this
17:26
derWalter_
To see the outcome? Would save nearly all the money!
17:26
davidak
i can give feedback again on the website later on
17:27
se6astian
next quick update: our new enclosure CAD designer unfortunately had to quit due to getting a new job
17:27
Bertl
also the stackup on the back could be larger and with labels
17:27
se6astian
so currently we have noone working on the CAD modelling
17:27
Bertl
people have been trying to identify the details but failed
17:27
se6astian
I will try to intensify searching for someone to help on that front
17:27
RexOrCine
Is this Michael?
17:27
se6astian
if you know someone or a friend of a friend, let me know :)
17:28
se6astian
the new CAD designer was alexander
17:28
se6astian
but he didnt hang out here on on the lab
17:28
maltefiala
@derWalter_: You can not determine the printing quality upfront @home because you don't have the printer's paper or colors
17:28
RexOrCine
I'll put some tweets out.
17:28
OscaR___
It should be a technical CAD moderler?
17:28
davidak
maybe ask in a hackerspace or fablab mailinglist/irc
17:29
davidak
there are much people doing 3d printing etc
17:29
se6astian
CAD engineer, enclosure designer, industrial designer
17:29
se6astian
those kinds of professions
17:29
se6astian
davidak: good idea
17:29
OscaR___
OK, I'll ask around too.
17:29
se6astian
we require someone with a bit of CNC metal milling experience though
17:30
se6astian
ok reports in alphabetic order: Bertl, malte, walter
17:30
se6astian
Bertl: your turn
17:30
Bertl
okay, tx
17:31
Bertl
well, over the last weeks, we were mainly busy with GSoC and preparations for the Faires and Linuxwochen
17:31
Bertl
we created a new SMT Workshop and tested it at Linuxwochen and Make Munich
17:31
derWalter_
(Its DerWalter, ;) D!)
17:31
Bertl
the feedback was excellent but it needs to be refined
17:32
maltefiala
SMT = Satisfiability Modulo Theories ?
17:32
Bertl
Surface Mount Technology
17:32
davidak
have you shot some clips with the beta there?
17:33
Bertl
pictures as well as more information will come
17:33
davidak
great
17:33
Bertl
we didn't shoot anything with the Beta, because we had no working recorder
17:33
Bertl
anyway, that's about it from my side
17:34
maltefiala
Ty
17:34
se6astian
thanks
17:34
se6astian
derWalter, with the D, your turn in the alphabet :)
17:34
maltefiala
Sebastian and I organised the OpenEverythingFilmFestival this year
17:34
maltefiala
Oh sorry
17:34
se6astian
sorry, I relearned the alphabet just a second ago :)
17:35
maltefiala
great :D
17:35
derWalter_
:)
17:35
derWalter_
Solo after the last meeting there was a lot of brainstorming how to proceed
17:35
derWalter_
And I came up with the idea of a monthly meeting in vienna
17:36
derWalter_
So I rechecked with Sebastian who gladly loved the idea and got me in touch with Matthias who was a big carrier in the EU gamma project
17:37
derWalter_
He is also the person who organized the office space in neubaugasse Vienna where apertus has office and production spaces
17:37
derWalter_
I visited him and we talker trough the idea of a meeting and he liked it a slot
17:38
derWalter_
But, I could not decide a repeating date, so I need your feedback on a doodle
17:38
derWalter_
There was the misunderstanding that entri g the doodle does not imply that you will show up!
17:38
derWalter_
I just need the swarm and group intelligence to pock the best date!
17:39
derWalter_
There is a task in the lab with a short description
17:39
derWalter_
And the doodle link: http://doodle.com/poll/69gbttpng4rq6ipu
17:39
derWalter_
So I want to ask all of you, ESPECIALLY the project leaders Beryl, Sebastian, Oscar, to participate
17:40
derWalter_
So the meeting will have a good start
17:40
derWalter_
Participate on the doodle and the actually meeting g
17:40
se6astian
Oscar is in Belgium...
17:40
derWalter_
We need the project heads to attract the following crowd
17:40
davidak
great initiative. i would love to meet all of you but it's a little far from germany
17:40
OscaR___
Well, it has been some time since I was in Vienna. Love to come again. monthly might be a bit expensive ;)
17:40
davidak
i hopefully manage it someday :)
17:41
derWalter_
Haha, at least at the doodle then
17:41
derWalter_
Your presence as founder is important!
17:41
Bertl
I think the 'Meet in Vienna' only works for folks from Austria
17:41
maltefiala
Wow, sounds great! If I were you, I would definitely list it on https://meetup.com/ as well when you have the dates. Later on, you can also use meetup for checking who is coming and who is not. Meetup is used a lot by programmers to schedule public meetings in Vienna atm (all my colleagues use it to find out what's going on in Vienna computing whise)
17:41
se6astian
exactly my concern that a physical meeting is difficult with people spread all around the globe... but I am happy to be convinced it works :)
17:42
Bertl
so while it is nice, it excludes many of the folks who meet here (virtually)
17:42
OscaR___
Yes, unless there is a very important meeting only once in a wile.
17:42
derWalter_
As soon as we have a running date I will start to fix the location, with the help from Matthias I hope :) drinks, projector, chairs, fongerfood, etc on our hands
17:42
derWalter_
Rdy for live demo, talks and beer :))
17:42
derWalter_
A live connection with a live beta should be doable
17:42
OscaR___
And coffee?
17:43
derWalter_
So ppl can join live stream and participate over irc
17:43
derWalter_
And coffee!!
17:43
Bertl
fongerfood sounds interesting :)
17:43
se6astian
we could combine it with a workshop maybe and invite people outside team maybe?
17:44
derWalter_
Mhhh many people working on the project are from Vienna and I would love to attract new Viennese people... Why? Cause I live here! Here I can work best!
17:44
OscaR___
Yes, free beer for CAD engineers
17:44
derWalter_
Yes Sebastian that's a good idea, I had a thought a bout it as well
17:44
getzi
joined the channel
17:44
se6astian
ok derWalter: done?
17:45
derWalter_
Jep, so please join the lab takes and doodle to get me a starting date fixed :)
17:45
se6astian
right
17:45
derWalter_
(Dry for typing on mobile)
17:45
se6astian
maltefiala: your turn now
17:45
maltefiala
Se6astion and me wanted to register a really long domain name. That's why we did a film festival: http://openeverythingfilmfestival.com/
17:45
se6astian
:P
17:45
RexOrCine
Yeah. I liked that a lot.
17:46
davidak
haha, nice
17:46
getzi
hi guys
17:46
getzi
(and girls)
17:46
maltefiala
Like last years, the festival took place during the http://linuxwochen.at/ , an event for linux enthusiasts (and wannabes) in Vienna every year
17:46
maltefiala
(Bertl already mentioned them)
17:47
maltefiala
It took place at 7pm MET for one hour
17:47
maltefiala
On our first day we had approx. 30 people there
17:47
maltefiala
And showed short films
17:47
OscaR___
Great
17:47
maltefiala
On the second day, we were able to show https://www.allesunterkontrolle.at/ , a film by Werner Boote with participation by him in a Q&A afterwars
17:48
maltefiala
*afterwards
17:48
maltefiala
Next year will be different however, as we are now (thanks se6astian) listed at https://filmfreeway.com/festival/OpenEverythingFilmFestival2018PrivacyandSecurity
17:49
maltefiala
Where people can submit their films until feb 2018 to be shown in may 2018 during the festival in Vienna
17:50
maltefiala
So, if anyone of you wants to submit a film or knows people who want to, submit your film at https://filmfreeway.com/festival/OpenEverythingFilmFestival2018PrivacyandSecurity or at https://openeverythingfilmfestival.com/2017/04/30/call-for-submissions-2018/
17:50
maltefiala
All in all I am convinced this is a great step forward for a small festival to something bigger in terms of quantity of movies and celebration of category winners next year
17:51
derWalter_
Is this an apertus project or your private initiativinitiative?
17:51
maltefiala
apertus
17:51
maltefiala
" Festival The apertus° Association and q/uintessenz are proud to announce that Vienna’s first international libre/open film festival, “Open Everything 2017 – Privacy and Security”, will take place in the course of the Linuxwochen Wien."
17:51
derWalter_
Why did I never hear if this?.... :/ great, how can one participate in the organisation?
17:51
maltefiala
@se6astion: We need to add aykit here :P
17:52
maltefiala
I guess organisation slots are very wide open. Best to talk to @se6astian about how to help out I guess
17:52
derWalter_
Is there any help needed?
17:52
derWalter_
And what would be needed?
17:52
OscaR___
We can also expand this to other countries.
17:52
Bertl
the film festival should be better promoted and it would help a lot to know the program/films in advance
17:52
se6astian
lots of help is needed
17:52
se6astian
where: everywhere :)
17:53
kaiserlich
maltefiala is the idea to continue doing this only at/together with linuxwochen or maybe even separately? btw. i thought it was great you showed alles unter kontrolle + that you could get werner boote to be there (i was busy with organising pydays though and had already seen the film so wasn't there ^^)
17:53
maltefiala
@Bertl: This will be doable next year
17:53
Bertl
I got many folks asking me: "what will they show on ..."
17:53
Bertl
and all I could tell them was: "no idea ..." :/
17:53
maltefiala
@kaiserlich: pythonenthusiast here :D, I missed pydays :(...
17:53
kaiserlich
d'awww
17:54
kaiserlich
you should join the brand new slack created for the local python community!
17:54
se6astian
in summary: it can only get better :)
17:54
davidak
would be also nice at Chaos Communication Congress
17:54
se6astian
malte: done?
17:54
maltefiala
Yes
17:54
kaiserlich
maltefiala https://pythonaustria.github.io/
17:54
maltefiala
thx
17:54
se6astian
Champika: your turn
17:55
Champika
so, during past few weeks, I kept reading on the project
17:55
Champika
And I read about FPGAs and JTAGs
17:55
Champika
Then I have made some blog post on them
17:55
Champika
https://champlnx.blogspot.com/2017/04/what-is-jtag-hello-everyone-so-today-im.html
17:55
Champika
https://champlnx.blogspot.com/2017/04/lets-start-working-with-fpga-part-1-how.html
17:56
Champika
I have got some experience on Linux Device drivers already,
17:56
Champika
https://champlnx.blogspot.com/search/label/Linux%20Device%20Drivers
17:57
Champika
But I haven't worked with FPGAs, So I try to find some hardwares to get some experiences with them
17:57
Bertl
sounds good, glad to hear that you are already digging into this stuff
17:57
daFred_
joined the channel
17:57
se6astian
many thanks for the report
17:57
Champika
And also I met some former students of our university, who works with FPGAs, and they teach me a lot about FPGAs
17:58
Champika
Thats all I guess :)
17:58
Bertl
thanks!
17:58
BAndiT1983
you should get a syntax highlighter for the code on your blog, makes things easier to read
17:59
Champika
Sure BAndiT1983, Thanks for the comment :)
17:59
se6astian
ok that was the last report
17:59
se6astian
my last comments: for GSoC I installed an AXIOM Beta as remote setup today
17:59
se6astian
its connected to a PC running 24/7
17:59
anuditverma
nice !
17:59
RexOrCine
Welcome to the community Champika.
18:00
se6astian
so for testing FPGA bitstreams or API
18:00
RexOrCine
... and the other students!
18:00
se6astian
it should be always avaiable to you
18:00
Bertl
we will get you access to that Beta ASAP and set up a calendar for coordination
18:00
se6astian
and of course anyone else working on things that require a camera in some way
18:00
Champika
@ RexOrCine: Thank you :)
18:00
OscaR___
Thanks all
18:00
se6astian
upcoming events: Maker Faire Vienna (May 20/21), Maker Faire Berlin(June 10/11)
18:00
se6astian
help there appreciated
18:00
se6astian
thats the meeting for today from my side
18:01
Bertl
thanks!
18:01
Bertl
next date?
18:01
se6astian
ah of course :D
18:01
se6astian
2 weeks would be Monday May 22nd
18:02
se6astian
same time, same place?
18:02
Bertl
sounds good to me
18:02
anuditverma
This is for us too ?
18:02
Bertl
it makes sense to participate if you can
18:03
Bertl
it is general coordination and information for the community
18:03
anuditverma
Yeah surely I can :)
18:03
anuditverma
Cool
18:03
Champika
I will have end of semester exam from 22nd May - 2nd June
18:03
niculescu_vlad
Champika if you want your own FPGA hardware try to ask Xilinx for a donation. I did this last year when I competed in XIlinx open hardware and they sent me a Nexys 4 DDR
18:04
Bertl
good idea
18:04
Champika
@niculescu_vald: Thank you for the information :) I will try it :)
18:05
OscaR___
See you later!
18:05
niculescu_vlad
One mention. Just a teaching assistant or teacher can ask for a donation. Talk to one first
18:05
OscaR___
left the channel
18:06
Bertl
okay, so meeting concluded, but feel free to discuss and/or ask about things important to you now and later
18:07
se6astian
meeting minutes posted
18:07
se6astian
https://wiki.apertus.org/index.php/IRC_Team_Meeting_2017-05-8
18:07
se6astian
feel free to add anything I missed or did not cover properly
18:07
se6astian
too many things to do at the same time :)
18:09
anuditverma
I would be glad if I can get the access and try the AXIOM beta :)
18:09
maltefiala
@anuditverma: Will happen, you will get all information on our friday meeting
18:09
maltefiala
(we are working on it)
18:09
BAndiT1983
you can also try the firmware in QEMU, same experience without hardware
18:10
anuditverma
okay thanks, will see.
18:10
anuditverma
that's all from my side.
18:12
maltefiala
@anuditverma: We have our meetings for T723 and team meetings
18:13
maltefiala
Our meetings are important for gsoc, the team meetings are important if you want to look beyond T723 which is always appreciated
18:13
niemand
joined the channel
18:13
anuditverma
Yes I remember, that's on 12th same time, right ?
18:15
maltefiala
yes
18:15
anuditverma
@maltefiala : and I would be around for more community meetings
18:18
davidak
i looked at the website of the film ALLES UNTER KONTROLLE but found no way to actually watch it… found it on youtube :) https://youtu.be/UM-GUTGZSSc
18:19
davidak
strange that filmmakers don't want that one watches the movie
18:20
maltefiala
Well, they need to buy food as well ;)
18:20
davidak
yeah, so maybe let me buy the film?
18:21
derWalter_
left the channel
18:21
davidak
for example http://www.monochrom.at/traceroute/ let's me buy the film on vimeo
18:21
davidak
i can even download it and watch enywhere
18:24
anuditverma
traceroute, it's a 8.5 on imdb, I want to see this one
18:24
maltefiala
Alles Unter Kontrolle is a classic cinema release
18:25
davidak
i don't want to be forced to leave the house to watch a movie
18:25
davidak
when it is easier to buy the movie than torrent it, people will do
18:27
maltefiala
I am just telling you that it follows the classic way how films are sold
18:27
maltefiala
Which is a very decentral environment with 1000s of players and agitators
18:27
maltefiala
all having their own view on how things should be done
18:28
maltefiala
And yes, the landscape is getting killed by amazon, netflix, you name it
18:28
maltefiala
But it is not clear yet if this is beneficial to film making in the end
18:28
maltefiala
We will see
18:38
niculescu_vlad
left the channel
18:44
anuditverma
bye everyone, I would catch up on the next meeting, goodnight :)
18:45
anuditverma
left the channel
18:46
davidak
left the channel
18:47
maltefiala
left the channel
18:59
dimaursu16
left the channel
19:11
dimaursu16
joined the channel
19:11
dimaursu16
left the channel
19:11
dimaursu16
joined the channel
19:15
Matth
joined the channel
19:15
Matth
left the channel
19:17
se6astian
off for now
19:17
se6astian
changed nick to: se6astian|away
19:24
intracube
changed nick to: intracube_afk
19:24
kaiserlich
left the channel
19:31
getzi
left the channel
19:40
daFred_
left the channel
19:56
BAndiT1983
changed nick to: BAndiT1983|away
20:00
Champika
left the channel
20:48
niemand
left the channel
21:12
se6astian|away
changed nick to: se6astian
21:21
Bertl
off to bed now ... have a good one everyone!
21:21
Bertl
changed nick to: Bertl_zZ
21:26
se6astian
changed nick to: se6astian|away