Current Server Time: 22:58 (Central Europe)

#apertus IRC Channel Logs

2020/04/06

Timezone: UTC


02:11
futarisIRCcloud
joined the channel
03:14
Bertl_oO
off to bed now ... have a good one everyone!
03:14
Bertl_oO
changed nick to: Bertl_zZ
04:39
illwieckz
left the channel
05:18
futarisIRCcloud
left the channel
05:38
Spirit532
left the channel
05:41
Spirit532
joined the channel
05:52
illwieckz
joined the channel
06:40
BAndiT1983|away
changed nick to: BAndiT1983
07:16
BAndiT1983
changed nick to: BAndiT1983|away
07:36
megora_
left the channel
09:05
se6ast1an
good day
09:05
se6ast1an
another working week starts with no noticable difference between weekend or weekdays :)
09:09
Dest123
joined the channel
09:52
Dest123
left the channel
09:57
BAndiT1983|away
changed nick to: BAndiT1983
09:57
BAndiT1983
se6ast1an: depends on how you arrange your home office ;)
10:05
se6ast1an
https://www.neondystopia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/screens.jpg
11:31
Dest123
joined the channel
12:02
Bertl_zZ
changed nick to: Bertl
12:02
Bertl
morning folks!
12:02
Bertl
se6ast1an: where did you get a picture of my room? :)
12:29
se6ast1an
you are secretely living in my flat?!?!
12:44
Dest123
left the channel
13:17
BAndiT1983
se6ast1an: probably like Richmod from IT crowd in a forgotten storage room ;)
13:18
se6ast1an
ah yes, I wondered already about "that" door!
13:19
BAndiT1983
and he is listening to cradle of filth, now you can count 1 and 1 together, parallels are obvious
13:24
se6ast1an
its not an actual cradle of filth is it? that would be awful!
13:25
BAndiT1983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRoSL0kdQFk
13:51
Bertl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2sDdNQE0HE
13:52
BAndiT1983
lets see how many people here will get cardiac arrest because of this :D
14:27
se6ast1an
https://assortedhackery.com/patching-cam-link-to-play-nicer-on-linux/
14:39
BAndiT1983
nice
15:32
omar31
joined the channel
16:00
se6ast1an
meeting in 1h!
16:03
megora
joined the channel
16:05
BAndiT1983
changed nick to: BAndiT1983|away
16:37
megora
left the channel
16:37
megora_
joined the channel
17:00
se6ast1an
meeting time!
17:00
se6ast1an
who is here?
17:00
Bertl
is here ...
17:01
RexOrCine
I'll report.
17:01
BAndiT1983|away
changed nick to: BAndiT1983
17:02
se6ast1an
great, rex would you like to start?
17:02
metal_dent[m]
is here
17:02
RexOrCine
k
17:03
RexOrCine
I don't normally talk about activities. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever talked about what I do in any detail (of course things are always logged, but it's for my eyes only normally), so this might be interesting.
17:03
preetimenghwani[
*preetimenghwani is here..
17:03
RexOrCine
Lost some days in the last week of March unfortunately but the following are...
17:03
RexOrCine
_
17:04
RexOrCine
Completed:
17:04
RexOrCine
General direct promotion (conducted daily in one way or another).
17:04
RexOrCine
General indirect promotion - This is other, seemingly non-related networks I build alongside which often have greater readership numbers (equates to double exposure normally).
17:04
RexOrCine
Network gardening - Involves numerous tasks e.g. identifying individuals from key demographics and mag-publishers and following. Normally around 3 hours a week are dedicated to this over various channels.
17:04
RexOrCine
Significant general updates to Wiki.
17:05
RexOrCine
Power Board photo - Consumed weeks of attention.
17:05
RexOrCine
GSoC promo - Can't be conducted too often as there are protocols involved with the promotion of anything on third-party sites and within neighbouring/related communities. Wanted this done sooner, but managed to complete drive 3/3 across 29th and 30th of March.
17:05
RexOrCine
AEGBP - V3 of all feature cards (feature cards are https://wiki.apertus.org/images/a/a9/ABFC-00-PB-002-_AXIOM_Beta_Power_Board_V0.30R1.0_Features_3000_2.png).
17:05
RexOrCine
AEGBP - General works.
17:05
RexOrCine
Local archive restructuring.
17:06
RexOrCine
Lock-down recruitment card and respective drive Stage 1/3 - The purpose of drives change. Normally try and hunt for sales once every 6-8 weeks but we're not selling cameras right now so this hasn't been done for a while. Although, admittedly I did do this once this week Re the following.
17:06
RexOrCine
Reach expansion and respective promo inside new networks.
17:06
RexOrCine
Negotiating Re acquisition of new, highly concentrated key networks. Didn't like the price. Would have meant significant growth of existing networks. Unless they're given to me, we've had that (there's a slim chance they might be).
17:07
RexOrCine
Market/brand/presentation research.
17:07
RexOrCine
_
17:07
RexOrCine
Ongoing:
17:07
RexOrCine
ABB4 - Works have been ongoing for a long time, a year probably. 30% maybe? The long duration is more about specific elements gradually completing and being accumulated as opposed to doc construction (which is by no means trivial).
17:07
RexOrCine
Enclosure component photos - many of these have completed.
17:07
RexOrCine
Camera photo x1 (20/40 hours estimated).
17:07
RexOrCine
_
17:07
RexOrCine
Scheduled:
17:07
RexOrCine
Lock-down recruitment drive Stage 2/3.
17:08
RexOrCine
Liberapay account data.
17:08
RexOrCine
apertus.org AXIOM Beta overview page.
17:08
RexOrCine
Camera photos.
17:08
RexOrCine
Ground-work on federated community social channels (Blocked - requires an environment server-side, inside which a Peertube instance etc can be optimised, being set-up. Requested 25.03.20)
17:08
RexOrCine
Accumulation of annual marketing budget data.
17:08
RexOrCine
GSoC hand-written letters (and scanning thereof).
17:08
RexOrCine
Elmyra promo and recruitment drive.
17:09
RexOrCine
Team Talk outro ident.
17:09
RexOrCine
ABB4.
17:09
RexOrCine
Concept work on announcement texture standards.
17:09
RexOrCine
Mechanical assembly Wiki page.
17:09
RexOrCine
New Remote promo card.
17:09
RexOrCine
Micro promo card.
17:09
RexOrCine
Scattered PCB photo shoot.
17:09
RexOrCine
_
17:09
RexOrCine
Advisory notes:
17:10
RexOrCine
Federated socials - There's a massive amount of work involved for me with this, but the longer that the ground goes without preparation the more momentum is lost. This will cost sales and contributions in the long term.
17:10
RexOrCine
Having the environment established server-side so I can bring people in to work on admin is important. Need to create systems that aid potential contributors.
17:11
RexOrCine
apertus.org menu - again, there's too much stuff there and it should be thinned down... but under 'About' the page 'Hardware contributions' is still listed. This has long since been abandoned when I combined it with a 'Sponsors and Benefactors' page. So there's one item we can loose easily.
17:11
RexOrCine
Sample files - There's one item noticeably absent, and that's the liquid metal and aluminium smelting files. It would be good if we could have these listed here for posterity's sake - https://wiki.apertus.org/index.php/AXIOM_Beta/Video
17:11
RexOrCine
_
17:11
RexOrCine
That's it from my side. The completed items were the result of a 60 hour work week, which is fairly typical for me, as are the items listed.
17:11
Bertl
wow, you had a busy week!
17:11
Bertl
btw. I see the power board renders are still not on the wiki pages ... how come?
17:14
bluez_[m]
* bluez_ is here..
17:14
se6ast1an
thanks for the report rex, good to see you also start to share what you are doing!
17:15
se6ast1an
I remember you said that you have a local copy of this picture with all errors fixed: https://wiki.apertus.org/images/a/a9/ABFC-00-PB-002-_AXIOM_Beta_Power_Board_V0.30R1.0_Features_3000_2.png - would be good to also get the online version fixed
17:17
se6ast1an
RexOrCine: are you still here?
17:17
RexOrCine
That's a typical week.
17:18
se6ast1an
right lets discuss the mentioned questions later then
17:18
se6ast1an
BAndiT1983: any news on your side?
17:18
RexOrCine
(17:14:36) se6ast1an: thanks for the report rex, good to see you also start to share what you are doing! < Let's see if I can keep it up. Things tend not to change much and it's not all that interesting.
17:19
RexOrCine
Oh. Is that the bad version. It will be yeah. Thing is those feature cards aren't stored anywhere public aside from socials. We don't actually host them on wiki or .org. That image was an exception .
17:19
RexOrCine
But yes Sebastian is right. That was an early version. It's been fixed.
17:19
se6ast1an
great, should be a quick fix to replace the image version on the wiki then
17:20
se6ast1an
BAndiT1983: occupied currently it seems, metal_dent[m] do you want to talk about your last week/progress?
17:20
RexOrCine
PSD - Don't know anything about PB renders.... Go ahead.
17:20
RexOrCine
PS*
17:21
ashok_singh[m]
joined the channel
17:21
ashok_singh[m]
*is here....
17:21
se6ast1an
RexOrCine: Bertl emailed 3 sets of two images at the time of the different powerboard versions
17:21
se6ast1an
preetimenghwani[: & bluez_[m] do you want to share/report anything?
17:22
se6ast1an
ashok_singh[m]: anything to report from your progress?
17:23
metal_dent[m]
se6ast1an: sure, as you know Bertl made groups and have given us task to present so we three (bluez_ , me and ashok_singh ) made a separate grp and there we're discussing and till now we're researching
17:23
RexOrCine
Note: That account is only a partial insight into tasks. Will look into PB renders.
17:25
se6ast1an
thanks metal_dent[m], anything else?
17:25
preetimenghwani[
se6ast1an: As of now we are divided into groups I and Dest123 are in one group, We have discussed about our challenge tasks and have started reviewing it.
17:25
bluez_[m]
yes.. currently our group is working on reading about axiom beta main board... we are also learning about beamer presentation and LaTeX
17:26
bluez_[m]
I have also been researching about the gsoc project
17:27
preetimenghwani[
I have also installed Lattice diamond and started working on the makefile.
17:27
metal_dent[m]
> thanks metal_dent, anything else?
17:27
metal_dent[m]
no, that's it from my side :)
17:27
ashok_singh[m]
se6ast1an: as metal_dent said we are done with organising stuff and we have started working on task given by bertl i.e. reading and preparing presentation about axim beta main board.
17:27
se6ast1an
sounds good
17:28
se6ast1an
I did not expect that many participants today, sorry for the slight chaos
17:28
se6ast1an
next week I will ask everyone who wants to report to send me a direct message and I will create a list of speakers so everyone can go one after the other
17:29
se6ast1an
vup, anuejn anything to share from your side?
17:29
vup
Not much, we continued working on the micro r3 schematic
17:30
se6ast1an
are the schematics in a stage that could already be shared?
17:31
vup
And started developing a simple loopback test to evaluate different connector choices in regard to high speed signals
17:32
vup
://github.com/axiom-micro/mainboard/tree/r3 should always be roughly up to date
17:32
vup
Whoops https://github.com/axiom-micro/mainboard/tree/r3?files=1
17:33
vup
But currently only in horizon-eda format, but we can start to add pdf's for the schematics periodically
17:33
se6ast1an
that would be cool
17:33
BAndiT1983
how is horizon eda?
17:36
se6ast1an
anything else vup?
17:37
vup
Hmm I think my mobile connection swallowed some messages, will add some more detail when i am back home
17:37
vup
So thats it from me i guess
17:37
vup
https://files.niemo.de/micro_r3_overview.pdf
17:37
Bertl
the loopback tests sound interesting ... we should chat about that later ...
17:37
vup
Bertl: sure
17:38
se6ast1an
thanks vup, great
17:38
se6ast1an
BAndiT1983: can you give us a brief rund down of things that you worked on?
17:38
BAndiT1983
germany and mobile connection is like fire and water or the game of hide and seek
17:38
BAndiT1983
yes
17:39
BAndiT1983
had quite some other stuff to do at home besides apertus, because of slight self-quarantine, but was working on improvements of the firmware and PCB script
17:39
BAndiT1983
firmware: trying to simplify drawing code of the text and settings menu
17:40
BAndiT1983
PCB script: optimizations, reducing of duplicated code, bottom layer and other pad types
17:40
BAndiT1983
also was playing around with the idea of blender plugin which uses gerber files for generation of realistic PCB material and geometry
17:40
BAndiT1983
other than that gsoc preparations
17:40
BAndiT1983
that's it
17:40
se6ast1an
many thanks!
17:41
se6ast1an
Bertl: do you have news to share and want to go next?
17:41
Bertl
sure
17:42
Bertl
besides the usual daily work and rework (btw, we got an HDMI module reworked and tested basically ready for posting)
17:43
se6ast1an
excellent!
17:43
Bertl
I've spent some quality time going through the GSoC applications and chatting with the applicants
17:43
Bertl
as you noticed, we also started working in groups to prepare for the upcoming GSoC tasks
17:45
Bertl
most of the other available time was spent on advancing the PCB probe unit
17:45
Bertl
there were some minor issues with the mechanical attachment and how to wire everything properly without losing any features
17:45
Bertl
(or flexibility FWIW)
17:46
Bertl
but it looks very promising and completion is almost here
17:46
Bertl
I also started getting all the parts together for the new Axiom Remote board (and the remote remote board of course :)
17:47
se6ast1an
did you 3d print the remot remote holder already?
17:47
Bertl
not yet
17:47
se6ast1an
ok
17:48
Bertl
and I'm working on a setup to allow remote access to the Beta(s) and Remote
17:48
Bertl
(which will become important when GSoC starts)
17:49
Bertl
that's it from my side for this week (as far as I can remember :)
17:50
se6ast1an
many thanks!
17:50
se6ast1an
quick updates from me
17:50
se6ast1an
pcb panel supplier inquiries ongoing
17:51
se6ast1an
one has been eliminated as there was no high speed material option in the end that would suit our needs
17:51
Bertl
(plain old FR4 is just not suitable for 1GHz or above)
17:52
se6ast1an
I spent most time on the CAD design front in the last week
17:52
se6ast1an
the result can be seen here
17:52
se6ast1an
https://cloud.apertus.org/index.php/apps/gallery/s/LqkCfTLRJYd9wFB#Nato%20Rail%20Concept/cad10.jpg
17:52
se6ast1an
https://cloud.apertus.org/index.php/apps/gallery/s/LqkCfTLRJYd9wFB#Nato%20Rail%20Concept/cad11.jpg
17:52
se6ast1an
https://cloud.apertus.org/index.php/apps/gallery/s/LqkCfTLRJYd9wFB#Nato%20Rail%20Concept/dovetail-slider01.jpg
17:53
se6ast1an
which features the new dove tail slider plate concept: https://cloud.apertus.org/index.php/apps/gallery/s/LqkCfTLRJYd9wFB#dove%20tail
17:53
se6ast1an
what I am currently unsure is if we should design our own NP-F battery plate
17:54
se6ast1an
or use an existing one - most candidates I found seem like all plastic and rather bad quality...
17:54
se6ast1an
Tilta has a proper one: https://tilta.com/shop/f970-battery-plate/
17:55
se6ast1an
but I couldnt find much information about the screws/dimensions, etc...
17:55
se6ast1an
or cabling
17:55
se6ast1an
thats it from me
17:55
se6ast1an
anyone who wants to still report/discuss anything, now is the opportunity?
17:58
se6ast1an
great, thanks everyone! meeting concluded
18:04
Dest123
joined the channel
19:03
aombk
left the channel
19:04
aombk
joined the channel
19:36
Bertl
off for now ... bbl
19:36
Bertl
changed nick to: Bertl_oO
20:03
RexOrCine
left the channel
20:07
RexOrCine
joined the channel
20:13
vup
ok I am home now, I added a quick pdf export of the current schematic, but note that currently everything is still quite WIP and also the export is suboptimal, as a lot of stuff is cut off, I will rearange stuff a bit and do a better export later
20:13
vup
for now: https://github.com/axiom-micro/mainboard/blob/r3/micro_rev3/micro_rev3.pdf
20:15
vup
BAndiT1983: re horizon-eda: It has been mostly great so far, I think the package, entity, part, unit, symbol, padstack distinction horizon uses it quite useful
20:16
vup
it has nice builtin generators for a lot of different footprint styles (like bga, qfn, qfp and so on)
20:17
vup
Also all different editors use the same base class, so for example keybindings and the different tools that are available are the same across the schematic editor, symbol editor, the board editor and so on
20:18
vup
Also one thing that might seem small, but has been really useful for me is, that its user interface is optimized for laptop usage, so using it with a trackpoint and without a mouse has been a treat so far
20:19
vup
of course one of the biggest disadvantages is, that the part library is nowhere as huge as kicad's, so we pretty much had to drawn every footprint / symbol ourselves
20:21
vup
also nearly every part (apart from resistors and capacitors so far) is supposed to be a specific orderable part, which makes bom generation easy, and also every part has a link to its datasheet, so with a single click you get the datasheet from the schematic / board editor
20:21
vup
which is quite nice
20:22
vup
finally the developer is also really responsive, which is very nice
20:25
vup
Bertl_oO: you wanted to talk about the loopback test we are building?
20:28
BAndiT1983
vup: sounds interesting, looking forward to further results when you will approach ordering the PCBs
20:41
Dest123
left the channel
20:42
vup
yeah I am curious how board layout will go with it, but as it uses the kicad push and shove router probably decent
22:06
BAndiT1983
changed nick to: BAndiT1983|away
22:12
omar31
left the channel
00:40
Spirit532
left the channel
00:44
Spirit532
joined the channel